Monday, August 15, 2011

Of Napkins and Sweet n Lo

Dining at a relatively upper scale restaurant, one frequented by trendy zip code retirees and stay at home moms in Land Rovers, I've been noticing something: They all head out with a wad of napkins and artificial sweetener. Hell, I'd expect this this at the Taco Bell. Taco Bell napkins and my ass were well acquainted in college. But that was college. And that was Taco Bell. This is the golden age. This is a French restaurant. These people are driving Lexus'. A recent poll said 64% of all Americans do not have enough saved for a $1,000 emergency. If that's not third world, I dont know what is. This reminds me of the moment in 2002 I realized we had a housing bubble. $2 million dollar homes had beat up Mazda trucks and rusty Corollas in the driveway. That didnt "fit". And people in trendy zip codes hoarding napkins doesnt "fit" either.

No comments:

Post a Comment